Singers who feel off and why

Created By  manifestingSeunghanRIIZEcb on Thu Apr 25 2024 23:11:19 GMT +0000 (GMT+0000)

No intro because atp this is my 4th post here and until the comment section comes back I'm going to be messy . I said I would treat this sh*t like Reddit and this is the only place I can spread my word without catching a case .

So like back in the 2000's there was this singer and Teairra Mari who was popping off at the time . I think she was signed to Def Jam or Rockafeller , one of the labels that Jay-Z was running . He said she was the princess of the Rockafeller , so she was a pretty big deal . So she and Robyn Rihanna Fenty were signed to Def Jam I think . I think Rihanna was signed to Jay-Z's label , yeah Jay-z made sure that Rihanna didn't leave the building before getting signed . So there was a showcase where Teairra and Rihanna and another singer performed a cover of Lose My Breath by Destiny's Child , and Beyoncé was there because at the time she was Jay-Z's girlfriend , so this was before they were married . So after the showcase Beyoncé walked up to L.A. Reid and told him that Rihanna was a beast on stage , and that lit up a lightbuld in his head . 

For context , Rihanna had just dropped her debut album with Pon De Replay being a MASSIVE hit . I can't really tell you for sure , because I wasn't alive in 2007 Teairra Mari had also dropped her debut album . While it did good , the label thought the sales weren't high enough . Funnily enough , Rihanna's album sold the same amount and charted lower , so the labels were about to drop both of them . But in the end Teairra was the only one who got dropped . Word on the streets is that Jay-Z pulled some strings to keep her in the label , and that Beyoncé was helping her mans out by going up to L.A. Reid and planting that bug . We'll never really know . Well it paid off , because her next album became a hit , and then she dropped Good Girl Gone Bad she became an instant superstar . Unfortunately , Teairra's career never recovered , and she was dropped from the label on her prom day . She's been struggling ever since . Rihanna on the other hand gave us hit after hit and is now the world's youngest self-made billionare with ASAP ROCKY and her having two sons :) . 

From what I've seen on the internet , the main reasons that Teairra Mari didn't succeeded and Rihanna did had to do with these reasons :
1. Colorism/Featurism 
2.Her music being too mature

While I don't want to admit that the first one makes a alot of sense , I can get behind the second one . The first one does make sense to a certainextent though . Between the two of them , Rihanna is a light-skin woman with unique goregous eyes and she fits into the European beauty standards quite well . Teairra Mari is beautiful , but she doesn't look as racially ambiguous as Rihanna . In Rihanna's defense , she didn't lighten her skin tone and her eyes are her real eyes because she gets those genetics from her dad , who is mixed race . So Rihanna fits the society standards pretty well . So that was already an adavantage . 

Second is the music . When Teairra dropped her first album , she was talking about sex and dating thugs when she was still in high school . She put herself into a box and her music didn't reflect her actual self . Rihanna came out with kid-friendly music that matched her age . So that's another advantage . 

My take on this ?? There are THREE reasons why Teairra failed and Rihanna succeeded 
1. Colorism/Feauturism
2.Music being too mature 
3.It was just never going to happen 

I'll explain the third one because this one is quite interesting . In my opinion , even if Teairra was never dropped from her label or if Rihanna got dropped , I don't think she was ever going to be a huge star . I feel like it was never in the cards for her . While she is a very talented woman , she wasn't unique from all the other young pretty talented girls like her . She can sing really well , but she didn't have something that set her apart from the other girls . She was just another girl from an urban area who had a rough childhood . 
Meanwhile Rihanna on the other hand was unique . Where she lacked in singing she made up for in versatility and a distinct voice . You know a Rihanna song where you hear it . She was a light-skin girl with beautful eyes from the small Caribbean country of Barbados , and she has a really nice accent . So even if Rihanna was dropped , I feel like she would have always been famous due to her beauty and unique aura . Some people no matter how hard they try , just aren't meant for something . It's our jobs to learn how to acept that and move on , or else we'll always be feeling like we're not good enough and feeling bitter about other people being successful when we're not .  
While I'm not really a religious person , I know that there is someone or something out there that knows our destiny . I think Teairra needs to stop chasing a dream she won't ever reach and go find happiness somewhere else . It's kinda sad , to be honest  .  

And a closing disclaimer for y'all , this is hate a hate post towards either Teairra or Rihanna , and I am a Navy and a fellow Caribbean girl (Mom is Jamaican😛) so seeing people from the Caribbean succeed makes me happy . And it's not a bash against any other people mentioned 
here . And in my defense I need something to talk about while I wait for the comments to come back . I giving y'all something to talk and think about . I encourage y'all to go on Youtube for this because Naomi Cannibal has a really good video where I got most of my knowledge from . Go check her out :) 

It's your favorite messy neorudivergent black k-pop girlie , and she's OUT .
Always ready to piss people off , Sincerely ,
Messy neurodivergent k-pop girlie 😛 
Toodles <3

COMMENTS